Hospitality…as you like it!
The Tamarack Lodge has 21 rooms and cabins and nearly 250 full grown pine and fir trees on nearly four acres of land. We are at the edge of the forest, but Tahoe City is just a mile away. Come here to experience the “Old Tahoe” feel. Come here to commune with nature. Come here to go hiking or mountain biking with Tamarack as your starting point and Antoine Meadows, Mount Watson, the Fiberboard Freeway, or Northstar as your destination. Come here to ski directly onto the Tahoe XC trails. Come here to be near the newly rebuilt Lake Forest boat ramp, and beaches. Come here to cook a meal instead of always going out, on our barbecues or in our kitchens. Come here to sit around the fireplace with friends or at a family reunion. Come here to hear the coyotes, see the bears, and get a good night’s sleep at a fair price. Come here to get away and have fun. In most rooms, you can even come with your pets.
Tamarack has been family owned for four generations, and is the longest continually owned family business in Tahoe City, and perhaps in all of Lake Tahoe. My great-grandparents ran it during the summer season, first as a speakeasy, then as a hunting lodge. My grandparents opened it in the winter, and made it pleasant for tourists. My father & mother, sister & brother-in-law, and uncle have all run Tamarack for various lengths of time. Since the summer of 2012 my wife Frederique and I have been here full time. Let us acquaint you with Tamarack, or let us welcome you back.
Come and enjoy.
Why stay at Tamarack?
- For a clean room at a good price in a great spot.
- For a good bed with great sheets and thick towels.
- To be very well received by the family that has been here for four generations.
- To already be at the trailhead, or just a short walk from a quiet beach.
- To enjoy the picnic area, the creek, and the fabulous spring water on tap in your room.
- To chat in front of the old outdoor fireplace, with good friends or new acquaintances.
- To be close to everywhere you want to be in North Tahoe.
See our rooms